We have four school rules that all students are expected to follow in all settings of the school building and on the bus. These four school rules are called our S.O.A.R. Expectations:
- Actively involved
School-Wide Positive Behavior and Interventions and Supports is a set of strategies and systems to increase the capacity of schools to
(a) reduce school disruption
(b) educate all students including those with problem behaviors and has
- Clearly defined outcomes
- Research-validated practices
- Supportive administrative systems
- Use of information for problem solving
Features of School-Wide Positive Behavior Support Establish regular, predictable, positive learning & teaching environments
- Train adults & peers to serve as positive models.
- Teach and model behavioral expectations.
- Create systems for providing regular positive feedback.
Acknowledge students when they are “doing the right thing”.
- Improve social competence.
- Develop environments that support academic success.
Please review the SOAR Matrix with your child often and stress to him/her the importance of following the rules and getting along well with others.